India’s medical markets are expanding rapidly. Not only are medical consumers becoming wealthier and able to afford more treatment, Indians are also building more and more private hospitals that boast of the most modern healthcare. However, given India’s unique business and social culture, finding the right medical distributor in India can be challenging.
Pacific Bridge Medical’s consultants have the expertise necessary to identify trustworthy and capable Indian medical device distributors to sell your products in India.
Common Issues Related to Medical Distributor Search in India
- National Coverage: India is a large geographic country where there are few medical device distributors that can provide coverage across the entire country. Thus, foreign companies may need to work with multiple regional distributors to cover the country effectively.
- Intellectual Property: Intellectual property protection is a key concern in India, where unlawful replications of existing medical devices are widespread and not very well regulated. An in-depth understanding of the market and extensive due diligence on your distributors are necessary to ensure that your intellectual property rights are protected.
- Available Distributors: Finding the right medical device distributor in India can be a time-consuming process. India’s medical markets are growing rapidly, and while there are some very good medical device distributors in India, they are usually swamped with business due to the high number of foreign medical device companies that are now entering or expanding their presence in India.
PBM’s Key Steps to Finding Effective Medical Device Distributors in India
- Step 1: Research, identify and screen potential medical device distributors.
- Step 2: Enlighten these distributors on all aspects of the device. This includes its intended use, promising characteristics, and potential for market penetration.
- Step 3: Distributors will then turn in sales proposals of their marketing strategies and revenue estimates for the device.
- Step 4: After reviewing the proposals, PBM will pick the distributor who will best be able to serve your company’s needs. We will also help with contract negotiation and solidifying the deal.
Pacific Bridge Medical has a history of searching for and working with the top medical device distributors in India to ensure the best services for our clients.
Click here to contact us for a consultation and get started with finding the right distributor in India.
Visit our Resource Center to view free webcasts and charts or read publications, news, and research reports on the Asia medical markets.
Related Blog Posts
Visit our Blog for more insight into key trends and regulations from the Asia medical markets, written by our leading consultants and researchers.