India’s medical markets are expanding rapidly. Not only are medical consumers becoming wealthier and able to afford more treatment, Indians are also building more and more private hospitals that boast of the most modern healthcare. However, given India’s unique business and social culture, finding the right medical distributor in India can be challenging.
Pacific Bridge Medical has the expertise necessary to identify trustworthy and capable Indian medical device distributors to sell your products in India.
Common Issues Related to Medical Distributor Search in India
- National Coverage: India is a large geographic country where there are few medical device distributors that can provide coverage across the entire country. Thus, foreign companies may need to work with multiple regional distributors to cover the country effectively.
- Intellectual Property: Intellectual property protection is a key concern in India, where unlawful replications of existing medical devices are widespread and not very well regulated. An in-depth understanding of the market and extensive due diligence on your distributors are necessary to ensure that your intellectual property rights are protected.
- Available Distributors: Finding the right medical device distributor in India can be a time-consuming process. India’s medical markets are growing rapidly, and while there are some very good medical device distributors in India, they are usually swamped with business due to the high number of foreign medical device companies that are now entering or expanding their presence in India.
PBM’s Key Steps to Finding Effective Medical Device Distributors in India
- Step 1: Research, identify and screen potential medical device distributors.
- Step 2: Enlighten these distributors on all aspects of the device. This includes its intended use, promising characteristics, and potential for market penetration.
- Step 3: Distributors will then turn in sales proposals of their marketing strategies and revenue estimates for the device.
- Step 4: After reviewing the proposals, PBM will pick the distributor who will best be able to serve your company’s needs. We will also help with contract negotiation and solidifying the deal.
Asia Sales Program Option for Small Medical Device Manufacturers
Due to the amount of time and resources required for going overseas, small medical device companies may not immediately consider doing business in India. However, our Asia Sales Program is designed specifically for companies of this size to widen their market through increased sales with our assistance. If your small medical device company has at least $10 million in global sales, you may be eligible for this program depending on your medical device product. Contact us today to find out if you are eligible.
Benefits of the Asia Sales Program
- Our services are provided on a sales commission basis.
Only when our Indian distributors make sales will you be required to make a payment. For this program, there are zero upfront costs to our clients. Furthermore, we will not require any additional fees for helping to register your medical devices in India.
- Our work does not stop at helping you find a distributor.
We will train and work with your Indian distributors to help them achieve success in selling your medical devices throughout India.
- We will continue to provide management services for your Indian distributors even after you sign them up.
On top of training your distributors, we will also manage and motivate them through visitations, phone calls, and emails. When applicable, we will also schedule visits to distributor booths at trade shows and attend meetings with key doctors.
Pacific Bridge Medical has a history of searching for and working with the top medical device distributors in India to ensure the best services for our clients.
Click here to contact us for a consultation and get started with finding the right distributor in India.
Need more information?
Visit our Resource Center to view free webcasts and charts or read publications, news, and research reports on the Asia medical markets.